Thursday, April 1, 2010

Brand identity is difficult when the brand is supposed to be you.


I made this last night, and I have to say there's something about pen and flatter colors that I miss like mega woah. I will say that the tree may need a little more texture, but I think there's got to be some way to balance the two highly similar styles I've been using.

I was intending this illustration to be a promotional mailer or a front page... but looking at it in comparison with my other work, there's no way I can honestly call this a good representation of what I do. It's just nice, and another portfolio piece.

As far as how it could be applied outside of my own needs, I intend to come up with a little layout to display the image as an editorial illustration for an article about D-I-Y-ers learning to accept that there's chores you do need to "call a guy" for.

No comments:

Post a Comment