Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Another one of my more ridiculous ideas.

This past Christmas, I had the idea that I'd like to decorate my hair up like a Christmas tree. I came up with a plan to adhere a styrofoam cone to a head band, then cover it with tracks of hair extensions. I would then clip in some lightweight dollar store ornaments, and a paper star. I even acquired some battery operated multi-colored rice lights, and planned on hollowing out a space on the cone for the 4-AA battery pack.


This was my sketch:


I never got around to doing it, however, due to all the holiday madness. But there is always next year, and hopefully by summer, I'd like to explore some of my costumery ideas.


Dressing up has always been a big part of my life. I've been doing it since I was as young as three, taking every opportunity as a reason to really play. My costumes ranged from Elvira with socks for boobs for a random day in October when I was 5, to one of the observers with a blue rag in a bowl for watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 when I was 7. Maybe it's because I took dance and theater. Maybe it's something that's just in me. I haven't really gotten to enjoy this sort of entertainment recently, save the one time sophomore year of college when my housemates walked in the front door to find me cooking corn in a homemade Indian feather headband. I was very happy this past October that a political rally was held the day before Halloween, which justified my ridiculous enthusiasm as Sweet Sarah P.

Costumery and play is something that's brought me a lot of happiness and laughs with the people around me in my life. I'm hoping that with that in me, I can pursue a side project and potentially make some fun and interesting things. But I don't think I'll ever be a larper.

1 comment:

  1. I like this lens and I am great lover of your Hair Extensions. Blue Butterfly Hair Extensions well-conceived product designs and attentive customer service ensure that our customers will become a success story and make everyday a profitable one.

    Hair Extensions
    Keratin hair extensions
    Fusion Hair Extensions
    wholesale hair extensions
    Seamless Tape Hair Extensions

    ReplyDelete