Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Little Girl vs. Giant Leak


HOW WAS WORK TODAY?

One of my jobs is at the front desk of a local business, which is located in a high-rise building that is otherwise closed on Sundays. Our business is the only one there that day. One Sunday, when I was all by myself at work, a leak started in our lobby. Over the course of an hour, another leak sprang up, then another, and another, until there was water pouring from every imaginable crevice. Huge pimples of water began growing beneath the thick layer of latex paint on the walls... right next to my desk, and right above the power strips for the stereo, telephone, credit card machine, computer, and printer. It turned out a pipe three floors up had burst. Some Eastern European guys came in to fix it. I suspect they acquired very excellent plumber skills on Russian spy submarine. Needless to say, it was somewhat of a challenge to tend to the tasks I needed to tackle that day, but I did, and managed to crank a little cartoon out as well.

–KLK

No comments:

Post a Comment