Monday, November 14, 2011

The Captain and the Queen

I recently did two portraits... one of of my roommate, and one of myself. I used colored pencil for the majority of the work and added additional coloring and adjustments in Photoshop.
I decided to work in colored pencil for these because I really miss the more tactile elements of image making. (I get all stuffy working solely on the computer.) I think I may utilize this method in future work.
I'm the Captain because I'm crazed, married to my ship, and engaged on an endless quest for vengeance against an animal that acted on instinct in one specific instance. She's the Queen because she's beautiful, has fancy jewels, and is endowed with the ability to effortless attain the adoration of subjects who thenceforth strive to worship, serve, and protect her, simply because.


–KLK

No comments:

Post a Comment